1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 10, 2007.

1. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I couldn't have put it better myself, and I'm 25

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And scaled back on portion sizes, stopped eating less than two hours before bedtime, etc. Simple stuff probably trimmed 30 pounds away. If only I felt compelled to work out/stop posting here, I could really get somewhere.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I will say though that at 25, I'm not sure really sure if I am yet at that age where it is flattering if someone thinks you're younger than you really are. This girl I met at a party last week was trying to guess my age by the year I was born (not really sure why she didn't just go by how old she thought I was) I was born in 1981, but she guessed that I was born in 1985. I guess thats a good thing, but then again, I'm not really sure.

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Really not sure how I should take that. :)

5. \
    The carpal tunnel helped, I imagine.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

33. The "Y" is quite the misnomer. I figured when I signed up here there'd be a bunch of spniteds...but there's only one!!! :D :D :D <---------------fucking DICKHEAD!!!!

But I feel and act like a young shit and I still feel like a contemporary of the younger players I interview/cover. Who knows, maybe I'm kidding myself on that last one.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

31. *sigh*

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

38. Will be 39 in July. (And people still think I am younger than IJAG, who I call Jr.).

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

34, 35 next month. And I too hate it when I'm called sir. Especially high school kids, makes me feel old. I don't care if i'm more than twice their age.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm old enough to know better and still too young to care. ;)

Oh. And I was carded buying beer a couple months ago. The guy's jaw dropped to the floor when he looked at my ID. ;D

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not good enough Rosie... Give us an age or show us your (never mind, I can't say that to Rosie!)

Draft saved Draft deleted