1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 10, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

38 this past Tuesday.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

33 later this month. Surprised I made it this far.

And people in the drive-through call me ma'am before they see me. Trust me, I'm not a ma'am. Not really a sir, but definitely not a ma'am.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

24. And damn proud of it.

Graduating college at 21 ranks among the worst decisions anyone has ever made. Good thing I had a nice fake ID and wrote the school paper's humor column for street cred... But being where I am at 24 and written the stuff I've written and traveled to the places I've been... Life's been good to me.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

38 and finally starting to show signs of wear and tear, but still a bit boyish in appearance. I sometimes get carded if I'm wearing a ballcap. I look early 30s. Considering how I've lived, I should look early 40s. Life's not fair.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Happy B-Day SoSueMe... and Happy Belated B-Day, MileHigh :D

I'm old enough to walk into a bar with three of my cohorts... and be the only one not to get carded.

I'm old enough to see scalp starting to show where I once sported a Dr. J-sized Afro in high school.

I'm old enough to see my once-rabbit metabolism hit the wall like Ottawa in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

And I'm old enough to feel like the big brother to some of my female coworkers, some of whom were born the year I graduated from high school.

I'm 42... and for the first time in my adult life, I'm feeling my age.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The good thing about being on the cusp of middle age is that we got to be youths during the good old days. Once the bottom falls out of the petroleum-based global economy, I think there'll be worldwide economic collapse. It'll suck for me because I'll be an old fuck, but at least I'll have plenty of happy memories of simpler times. Hopefully I'll be married by then, too.

7. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

I'm 22.

And I get ma'am-ed ALL THE TIME. Though then the clerk will turn to my mother and call her miss....so I really think they're just being arbitrary sometimes.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

How old do you have to be to just not give a fuck anymore? That's how old I am.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

28 in less than four weeks.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll be 29 in September*

* For the second time

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

23, so all you grizzled types can yell at me to get off your damn lawn.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

just fetch some beers and we'll be Ok

Draft saved Draft deleted