1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 10, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No one uses a pica ruler anymore. Whenever I get photo printouts, I ALWAYS use it.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Don't blame me. JR stated otherwise.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

At my paper, every slot guy uses a pica ruler to size the photos.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But they were around for McKinley's offing.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

All right you punks, time to set the record straight for me and JR.

First of all Pastor, we are neither bi nor gay -- not that there's ... etc. etc. etc.
    Secondly, JR is old than me...O-L-D-E-R ... it might be his centennial it is not my centennial.

Third, come Sept. 2009, all you dumbasses are invited to either Tornto or NYC, wherever the OLDER guy and I decide to throw this bash.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Old enough to be thrilled when they check my ID for beer at the ballpark; and I can assure you that's the only place they do it.

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

29, but my lungs are 39 and my liver is 49

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Whatever, gramps.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's why I said if it's informal and you know me. Then again, nine times out of 10, I'm going to introduce myself by my shortened first name. If you call me by my given first name after I've done so or (G-d forbid) the even more dimunitive version, it gets on my last nerve. I only let one family member call me that even more dimunitive version and she's got Alzheimer's.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm 33, but I never feel like it.

During the day, I feel like I'm in my late 70s, early 80s. At night, around 17.

Lucky for me, my second wind is hurricane force.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Getting older by the day. The last few weeks, that aging seems to have accelerated.

Nice getting a call urging me to do more, than so-and-so has been a handful and all that stupid crap today. Heh ... try putting up with that problem for three weeks.

As I told the other end of the phone "welcome to my world." Glad she possesses the grossly misguided perception that I'm just lounging around. :mad:

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That shit drives me nuts too. I introduce myself as, go by and without question prefer the long version of my name. Why anyone would call me the shortened version, when I never introduce myself as that, is beyond me. And it's incredibly effin' irritating.

Draft saved Draft deleted