1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Not to Write a Column -- Sid! Style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Oct 21, 2007.

1. True enough, from hockey on down (or up?). Still, 30,000 is a staggering number. 94 must have been a parking lot all the way to Alexandria.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Fixed.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

North Dakota State doesn't have hockey, though it's been discussed many times.

You're thinking of North Dakota.

4. Duh! Of course. NDSU still has a club team?

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

North Dakota State brought a huge crowd to Macomb, Ill., when the Bison played Western Illinois, and that was probably a 10 1/2-hour drive. So, those numbers don't surprise me.

Oh, and last year when I was in Minnesota for a basketball game Sid! was standing in the doorway of the press conference room. I pretty much had to shove the bastard out of the way to get in, he wouldn't move.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Did he give you the evil glare which said he felt you were the lowest form of life on the planet?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wouldn't take it; had one, it failed...

But he just needs to go. 20 years ago... fuckin moron...

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Oh yes. And I just laughed and sat down.

Had he said anything, I would have told him he needed to take a shower because of the musty smell coming off him.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They might, although they don't play in the same league as the other club teams in the area.

I'd love to see the Bison go D-I in hockey, though the problem is they likely can't get into the WCHA, so they'd be stuck in that off-brand conference that Bemidji State plays in.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Sid calls you a genius in a condescending manner, you know you've made it.

11. He still doesn't tote around that tape recorder as big as a Buick, does he?

And Zeke -- yeah, it doesn't sound like the WCHA is inclined to add new teams anytime soon. Too bad. NDSU-UND on ice would be huge.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Many in the league didn't want the last expansion, when AK-Anchorage came in. To the best of my knowledge, they still have to kick in money for people's travel to stay in the league.

But, yeah, UND-NDSU would be a grudge match on the ice. Especially since they don't play each other in football any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted