1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How not to start a marriage but a good way to end one. Darwin candidates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Apr 29, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/419505

PITTSBURGH – A couple of newlyweds spent the night in jail in separate cells – she in her wedding gown – after a brawl at a local hotel, police say.

Dentist David Wielechowski, 32, of Shaler, Pa., and Christa Vattimo, 25, actually got married a month earlier in the Bahamas. But they decided to repeat their vows last Saturday at a reception for 150 guests.

Police said they were checking into their room when an argument began. Wielechowski reportedly knocked Vattimo to the floor with a karate kick. But when two guests from another wedding party came to her aid, Vattimo turned on them.

The melee moved from the seventh floor to an elevator and then to the lobby, where the couple threw metal planters at two guests from the other party, causing minor injuries, police alleged.

Police arrived to find the dentist lying on the lobby floor and his bride screaming, they said.

"It was pretty wild," police Sgt. Dave Syska said.

Authorities charged them both with simple assault, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. The bride faces an additional count of public intoxication when they have their preliminary hearing May 7.

A district judge considered issuing a restraining order against Wielechowski, but Vattimo declined the measure.

The couple were let out of jail Sunday morning.

Vattimo left with her father, still dressed in her white gown.

Wielechowski left alone, sporting a swollen eye, tuxedo pants, a bloody T-shirt and one shoe.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Never intervene in a domestic dispute. The brawling couple <b>always</b> turns on the peacemakers.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Domestice violence is rarely funny, but in this case, it made me laugh. The karate kick did it for me. How are you gonna karate kick your new bride?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey, don't start no shit, won't be no shit.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can practically visualize it.

And it makes me laugh even harder.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Exactly. I can see him going from carrying her over the threshold...then snapping about something minor like the color of the new blinds in their bedroom...then bouncing on his feet like a karate guy getting ready to fight...then just dropping a roundhouse that sends her to the floor.

7. The closest I've come to witnessing something like this was at a Key West bar a few years back. A drunk guy started screaming at his fiance and gave her a little shove.

She promptly threw the engagement ring into the marsh.

I would have helped search for the ring but I was too busy laughing at the drunk ass. You don't hit women.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Was it like a roundhouse, Chuck Norris kick? Or was it the Karate Kid Crane Kick?

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I considered that. For my money, and visualization, it had to be a roundhouse. It catches her on the way down with a ton of force.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

In related news, Karate Kid just started on AMC.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think it was a tae-bo kick.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted