1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How not to report developing news on Twitter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Mar 9, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

All true on Duemig...yet I couldn't stop listening to him when I lived in the area. It was like radio crack.

I still miss Chris Thomas.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Didn't Sileo used to have a national show on Fox Sports Radio? If I remember right, he was in the same lineup as Chuck Booms and Kevin Kiley ... all guys who have gone from having a pretty big reach to being pretty irrelevant (at best) in markets on locally produced shows.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Duemig is an absolute atrocity. I'd rather listen to the static on ESPN 1040 in most of Hillsborough County than Duemig. Hell, I'd rather listen to my kids yell at each other than Duemig.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Definitely a face for radio.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Well, "different" in the sense that they weren't related to this specific incident. "Related" in the sense that this is another example of how he apparently is a functioning moron who was, by all estimates, lousy at his job.

6. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Tampa Bay Times reporters Rick Stroud and Tom Jones will fill the time slot.
    Stroud has filled in some as a guest host. TJ's funny. Should be good. And another win for the Times' brand.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/article1231264.ece

Draft saved Draft deleted