1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How not to improve company morale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 7, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Read the post again. And most mature people stop calling other people names such as that in the fifth grade. Grow the hell up.

2. "Our security guard tried to frisk me. We're having drinks later."
    (Glenn Close, "The Paper")
    Hey o_t, how'd you survive the Blizzard of '08, dude?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Buddy, I've got no reading comprehension problems. Maybe it's in the way you worded your statement, because you pretty much reiterated what you said the first time around. Read your last sentence. Your question is about why they didn't tell the boss to f- off when that's not even remotely the point.
    I thought you were better than this, but I guess, in this instance, I was wrong.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Alley,

C'mon. You're being to hard on hondo.

He wasn't making fun of those GED-failing, food-stamp wielding, welfare-scamming, Cadillac driving Krystal workers, he was blaming management for failing to scrupulously follow the company handbook, I believe.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or their low-level employee hiring practices?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That may be Hondo's dumbest post ever.

Can we name an award after him?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'll get along in life very well without your approval on anything.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

White Castle is about 1,000X better than Krystal...

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone old enough, and from the Washington D.C. area, to remember Little Tavern?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The same goes for me, but at least I don't have to go through life knowing I'm a smug asshole. Nearly everyone I know in life respects me. If you can say the same, then I guess there's nothing else to discuss, right?

Ciao.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Didn't Mizzou teach you what happens when you multiply by zero?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

SPent three hours on Wednesday getting the driveway cleared with my snowblower. It's an old one so it doesn't throw the snow as far as it used to and by the time I got to the side of the driveway, the piles were as high as the snowblower was able to throw it.

Also found out that using the snowblower aggravates my elbow tendinitis worse than shoveling. But ... a little over 24 hours from now I'll be in San Juan, PR, and on Sunday I'll be boarding a ship for a cruise.

You still thinking about coming to my town sometime this month?

Draft saved Draft deleted