1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How not to hold a press conference

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Michael Dinwiddle, mayor of Spring Hill, Tenn., likes to hold press conferences with anyone who has any crazy plan.

This one includes a $750 million resort that could host an NBA team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/27/us/27tennessee.html?ref=us

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've got some crazy plans. Maybe he'll fly me down and throw me a press conference.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's got that whole empty Saturn plant to fill...

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy idea: Finish building the fucking I-840.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Spring Hill? Where they used to make Saturns?

6. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Well he's got the name in place the Spring Hill Saturns...pick-up the old Frankfurt Galaxy logo and colors and this team is off and running...perhaps a UFL franchise would be a better fit...my press conference announcing this idea will be held at 10 a.m. EST Thursday to be followed by 18-holes on the golf course :)

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Holy crap. I was looking at the population numbers of that city and it went from around 7,500 in 2000 to over 23,000 in 2007. That can't be sustainable with the Saturn plant idled.

I'd be scared to death running for office with the name Dinwiddle. Critics wouldn't even have to think of names to call me. It stands on its own as a derivative of dimwit.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Monorail

9. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Don't rule out U.S. auto plants retooling and taking on some work the Japanese had been doing.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm sure loosing the Saturn plant hurt bad, but Spring Hill is part of the Nashville metro which otherwise is holding its own in the current economy, if not exactly kicking ass.

Williamson County (which includes Spring Hill) had the lowest unemployment in the state in January, the last month I saw numbers available -- 6.7 percent.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Apropos to nothing, slappy has my favorite avatar on the site right now.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't mess with the Purple Tornados

Draft saved Draft deleted