1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How NFLshop.com ruined Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Don't use it. Here's why:

Last Monday I placed a big order on NFLshop.com A bunch of gifts, plus a hoodie for me, A hat for the kid. Lots of stuff. Several hundred bucks were spent. Part of it was paid on a gift card; the rest on PayPal. I was going to pay by credit card but I had some extra money kicking around on PayPal so when it was offered as an option, I figured, hey, why not.

The next day, I got an e-mail saying that my order had been canceled because "the following items are unavailable"

... and it proceeded to list all 10 things I'd purchased.

But the gift card had a zero balance, and my PayPal account was still missing the rest.

So I e-mailed back.

24 hours later, I got a computer generated response that tried to answer the question. It didn't, but it said to contact them if it didn't. So I e-mailed back.

24 hours later, I got another e-mail saying, basically, "oh, yeah, we don't read e-mails. Call us."

So I called.

The gift card will have money back on it in 10 business days, they said. As for PayPal: "Oh, we don't do anything with them. That's all online. You'll have to contact them."

So I called. My expected wait time was "more than one hour," the friendly voice said.

So I e-mailed. I would get a response in 2-3 days, they said.

And I did. Computer generated. Not at all helpful. So I wrote back and was told to wait 2-3 days.

And now, they say, I'll be getting my money back.

On Jan. 28, 2008.

F the NFL Shop.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just in time to buy your Super Bowl gear!

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's downright pitiful. What a scam.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, and by then everything will be on sale!

Dude, NFL Shop just helped YOU out. You should be more grateful. :D

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I ordered shoes from them a couple of weeks back. Didn't have any problems. Shoes arrived within five days. Of course I wasn't buying any Pats gear [as I suspect MMSw was].

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

The Patriots hoodie, as a matter of fact. Except instead of BB, I would have had it mongrammed MMSW (no, not really.)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What kind shoes do you order at NFLShop.com?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I ordered a Jets jersey last year, and not only did I get the wrong player's jersey, but the wrong color, too. How fucking hard is it to send a Ben Graham jersey?

They got the Nick Mangold jersey right this year, though.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Now that's a fanboi.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At least it's not those Crocs with the team colors and logos.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm still waiting on my Ron Mexico jersey for some unknown reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted