1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work has Lesley Visser had on her face?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know. Some of them were pretty tough women. In a good way. I worked with one of the pioneers when I was in my early 20s and she taught me a lot. Totally abrasive, but I worshipped her because you always knew exactly where she was coming from even if you didn't totally enjoy the way she said it. The next stop, there was one who was always at odds with management and her career turned out pretty good after she left. Back then there were more incidents that required them to stand up for themselves and some had no problem doing that. I don't think the meek inherited that Earth.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Whoa, I said nothing about meek, and I didn't say they weren't tough. Tough is a requirement. You can be a nice person and still have a steel core.

3. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

I agree. I thought she looked okay on tv. I saw her in person often in the 90s and she was beautiful. TV didn't do her justice.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

They weren't nice, though. I regard them highly, and I drank with one of them from time to time and frequently took dinner breaks with the other, but there were days I couldn't stand either. I think both got away with some behavior precisely because there were few women in sports departments at the time.

5. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Andrea Kremer

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else but I now experience many what I call SJ moments when I start talking about something I read here at SJ that no one would understand unless they were a reader.

Just the other day while watching games with a few friends I went into a whole deal about Lesley Visser's hair cut and they gave me a complete why do you care look?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was complaining to a friend about how I cannot listen to certain announcers (Gus Johnson, for example) because they ruin the game for me.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We've come a long way from the far-from-fabulous-Sports-Babe, for which we are profoundly grateful.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lesley Visser's face looks like hell, just like Bruce Jenner's, Mary Tyler Moore's or hundreds of other men and women who go under the knife and get it botched. It sucks to grow old. Getting work done may prolong the inevitable, or it may exacerbate the problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted