1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work has Lesley Visser had on her face?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

Ahh Ca Ca Coach Knight - I like what you are saying but you look a little old. You are scarin our demographic. It would be great if you would color your hair. Why not go to your friend Parcells color person. About that sweater/ Golf shirt look- its a bad look with coller of shirt folding down over sweater.If you insist on wearing the shirt put coller up or inside sweater.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I'm glad you said something cuz I was about to. I thought the reaction was a little harsh, too. When I've seen her, in my mind that's the first reaction I have. Some people (men and women) take cosmetic surgery too far.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Although she did her share of beat work, she was mostly a takeout writer in Boston, a really good one. I mean, she could write. I'd say she was one of the best long-story sports writers of the 1980s, a time when lots of papers indulged writers' desires to go 60-100 inches. If you weren't reading sports writers at the time, it would be easy to think now that she was a good information gatherer and an attractive woman, and that's why TV was interested. It would be easy to miss that she was a lot more than that. If she'd stayed in print, she could have written her own ticket -- takeouts, columns, magazines. She was a star in print, not someone who'd have been confined to covering a team for the rest of her life.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

"We're gonna need you to tighten everything back up." [/Knocked Up]

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

DD,

I respect your opinion and appreciate your comments about the sports journalism profession, but this is bullshit.
    If a thread about Kim Kardashian's weight is so egregious, then maybe I'm just, I don't know, confused. Stupid, perhaps. But I was talking with a friend who brought it up after seeing new pictures of her, and I had one idea, and he had another. And our opinions differed drastically. It wasn't intended to be sexist or anything, and it certainly wasn't about her weighing too much, because I think she has the perfect body. It was simply a question, and maybe to you an immature question. But I'm a 24-year-old guy, one who is interested in celebrity and celebrities and a hopeful player in Hollywood (as in writer player, not player player), and seeing how so many other posters on this little board are alike in age and sex, and in some ways, frame of mind, I though "Well, maybe they'll have an idea."

Regarding the infamous "Women aren't funny thread," it's very easy to recall what we want about a thread and leave out fact. Such as 9/11 Truthers (crossthreading?)
    I never said women weren't funny. There are some very, very funny women. As a 24-year-old guy, however, I don't see many younger funny women, ones who could at least drive a screenplay I'm in the process of writing. Yes, Mean Girls, for example, was incredible , but it came from the mind of the brilliant Tina Fey.
    My argument was simple , most female comedians don't "become funny" until later in their careers, because the viewing public tends to only appreciate female humor from certain stereotypes , frustrated wife/old maid/single tramp/etc. I think people are either born funny or not born funny, and it's not about material so much as confidence and delivery. But, anyway, that's a whole different topic.

I understand how things work around here. I've been here quite a while. I've seen people write one stupid thing and get taken behind the woodshed. And, while, yes unfortunately, I do care about what people think of me, and while I've made some acquaintances who might become friends, I'm not going to apologize for starting threads like these.

Nor should I have to.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Can you at least apologize for having someone tell you the correct spelling of Lesley Visser's name in the very first reply and refusing to change the thread title?

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

First I'd seen of her was yesterday on the sidelines.
    She's got a new hairdo (to me, anyway).
    Sort of reminds me of another woman, Chris McKendry of ESPN.
    That bobbed cut.
    And Ms. Visser (irregardless of the conversation here) looks great in the face to me.

8. imjustagirl

[​IMG]

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey, chill. He's working towardS getting it right.

10. Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

Damn, you IJAG. Beat me to it.

11. imjustagirl

Egads.

Moddy, can YOU change the thread title? It's haunting me.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

You use "irregardless" and you're on a journalism board? I weep for your future.

Draft saved Draft deleted