1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much work has Lesley Visser had on her face?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Re: How much work has Leslie Visser had on her face?

Kolber now looks like The Joker in person... Very unfortunate and very unnecessary...

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

breaks my heart to hear that. always have found suzy to be adorable in a very sexy way. :( :( :(

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I apologize for igniting such a firestorm of sexism.

For the record, I've always admired Les' work, and Suzy Kolber's. Les sounded kind of weird today in the presentations for player/coach of the year, but she has been a great TV reporter.

And SC, I never said women weren't funny. I said they usually fall into roles/characters, and I don't know any famous female comedians in their early 20s.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

She always sounds wooden when she reads the teleprompter every year for the Chevy player and coach awards.

The blonde patches in her hair ... no. Just no. It doesn't make one look younger.

Didn't really pay attention to it and changed it after a few seconds, so I can't say anything about her face other than as usual, TV people overdo the makeup. I did think she had been hitting the Botox, though.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

From wikipedia:

"In 1993, Visser suffered a bizarre jogging accident in New York's Central Park in which she broke her hip and skidded face-first across the pavement.[1] She required reconstructive plastic surgery on her face and a decade later required an artificial hip replacement."

That's a total shame. I had no idea, and while it happened a long time ago, I wonder if maybe my impression of her was from before the accident. Although I'm not quite sure how you break a hip in a jogging accident, that really sucks.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How? You fall awkwardly and land on it. Damn.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

In that same vein, Dick Enberg looks untouched by the plastic surgeon's scalpel.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess, but that's still pretty crazy. And shitty.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Lesley is one of my favorite people to work with in TV. What a classy dame!!

I have seen her at least a half dozen times at NCAA Basketball events and not only does she remember me by name (which she probably shouldn't) but she can remember stories from previous events we worked together.

One of the first times I worked with her (each SID office had a staff member sit next to the sideline reporter at the NCAAs to assist them), she turned to me as our NCAA first round game was starting and asked, "do you have any peanut M&M's." Of course I didn't but after winning the game, I made sure I had them with me for the second round game (and every game since that she works).

One of the things that Lesley does that only one other TV person has done for me is to send out a thank you note after working with them at the event. And, they were handwritten.

In addition, two weeks after the Final Four each year that I have worked with her, I have received a package with a CBS Final Four hat and other souvenires. Again, real classy.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I don't think you get to call her Les.

And I think you should be banned from starting threads about women until you are 30.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

:'( :'( :'(

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

HD TV has changed the landscape for many. What was never noticed now stands out.

Draft saved Draft deleted