1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much time have you spent on SJ.com?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 1, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

As of this posting, 152 days, 4 hours and 21 minutes.

How much time have you wasted spent here and what would you do if you had that time back? I'm not sure what I'd do if I had that time at my disposal.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Despite being away for about three years, Sportschick still scoffs at your relative absence from sj.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just passed my 95th day. Shoot, I've enjoyed my time on here, I don't stop to think what I'd be doing otherwise.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

120 days, 2 hours and 55 minutes since registering on July 31, 2004. I don't regret the time spent here at all -- I've met good people, learned a lot and managed to recruit a couple SJers to my now-former paper (for which I should perhaps apologize).

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think I'll end up passing Sportschick for most time on at some point in the first quarter of next year. A pathetic amount of time in its enormity, to be sure, but one thing makes it all worthwhile:

dooley_womack1 908
    MisterCreosote 793

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Day 73:

In all the time I've been imprisoned on this godforsaken patch of internet, I've seen men verbally shanked and blood spilled. I've seen newbies beaten into submission just for daring to ask a question.
    Of all the horrible things I've seen in this place, today might have brought the worst.
    I tried to follow a conversation between a couple of folks discussing football. Someone brought up the Steelers, and blood boiled. The other fellow tried to suggest they were not a good team. More blood boiled. Eventually, they came to blows. They settled down before the warden, a kindly chap named "Moderator1" had to step in, but I was fearing for both their lives for a bit.
    Other slapfights commenced upon the besmirching of the band Rush, a debate over Five Guys vs. In N Out burgers, the salary cap in baseball, the merits of SABRmetrics, and the true abilities of SEC football teams.
    This place is a powder keg.

Later on, I dared to take a peek at a place I rarely venture. Braver men than I have wandered in there and never been seen again. Rumor has it the guards won't even go there, that they set it up as a holding bin for the worst scum the world has to offer, as a place where they can tear each other apart so the rest of the world can live in peace.
    Its official name is "The Politics Thread."
    Its nickname is "Hell on Earth."
    On my sojourn into there, however, I actually saw people being civil to each other. I think they might have been plotting a coup. I'm fearful.
    I hope that Day 74 beings peace and tranquility. I hope, and I pray, but I'm also a realist. I'm sharpening my toothbrush before bed.

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

24 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes.
    One month mark here I come

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Day 68. The promised land awaits.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

a little less than 12 days. not bad. not like the rest of you freaks.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

34 days, 12 hours and 36 minutes.

This seems way off...I've been a part of this board since 2007...did I hit a reset button somewhere?

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

69 days, 23 hours and 33 minutes of my life have been spent on SportsJournalists.com since Dec. 20, 2004.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

202:04:22.

Draft saved Draft deleted