1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much should I tip my pizza delivery guy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How much should I tip if he/she doesn't like my fantasy team? Should I tip at all?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Touche.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Best pizza delivery I made back in the day was something that had to be intentional. Guy ordered often. He was fit, but I didn't realize how fit until this time. He opened the door wearing tight jeans, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, no shirt. He also smelled amazing! I know I had to have had an astonished look on my face, because I had that feeling like I couldn't pick my chin up off the ground. He said, "Well, hello there," as he leaned on the doorway and flashed me with this very hot smile. Then he gave me the up and down look. It took everything I had to actually tell him the cost of his order. He paid, tipped well, and lingered at the door, watching me leave.

Ahh, memories. Had I been single, I might have been tempted to turn that night into a Penthouse story.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You would have had to have been attending a major university in the Midwest and you would had to have been visiting a frat house.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Few things will sap your will to live more than standing over a three-compartment sink in a Domino's uniform at 4:00 a.m. in a college town, trying like hell to get the mozzarella scrubbed out of every corner of a Khalid's Auto Cheeser.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, it was never the cheese at Caesar's. It was the nasty ass Pan pizza corners. No matter how much oil you sloshed in the bottom of that pan, and we did plenty, it never fully coated teh corners. So any pan pizzas coming out always had the bottom corners torn off. And we'd soak that shit for HOURS and it still wouldn't come out easily. Soooo nasty.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This is why I wanted to deliver rather than cook. We didn't ever have to do much cleaning -- just folding millions of pizza boxes during down time between deliveries. But no cleaning, which is fine by me. I hate cleaning.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For Domino's, the insiders were long gone at closing time. It was two drivers (one cleaning the front, the other on dishes) and a manager to count up the money, make everything balance and smoke every cigarette in sight while waiting for the drivers to finish. Hate, hate, hate.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

dixie, that's the way Caesars was. It was me and a driver, and I generally just left them dishes and mopping. I handled the money, sweeping and cleaning all the surfaces.

buckweaver, you were lucky. We didn't let drivers make pizza because they were in and out and they'd never be sanitary, so when they didn't have pizzas, they were on dishes duty.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I'm glad I missed the Auto Cheeser, but the 51-hour weekend I put in during a snowstorm is traumatic enough.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn. I thought working on the farm was bad.

12. KG

KG Active Member

Crusoes, I was delivering one time in a mix of snow and ice. I saw tons of wrecked cars, because the roads went to almost instant chaos. I got to this one guys house about 50 minutes after he had placed the order (we had been telling people an hour due to the weather). He started yelling at me and cussing me out about how he wasn't going to pay for it, because he couldn't believe he had to wait 50 minutes to get his pizza when he lives just five miles from the pizza place. My response was not kind, nor was the way I handed him the pizza.

Draft saved Draft deleted