1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much of your news consumption is sports?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 18, 2011.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

70% news; 30% sports.

2. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Very little, and I rarely read my own paper for sports because it's "hyperlocal." High school sports are lousy here, and I have few ties to the community as I'm not from here.

I follow Alabama religiously. I'm an alumnus, how could I not? I'll also catch some good college games in the fall and most of the big bowls. I live in Bronco Nation, so a group of us will catch the Boise State-Georgia game soon, hoping the Bulldogs put a premature end to the Broncs' BCS dreams this year.

Otherwise, I follow most of the Sprint Cup, NFL in the fall/winter and the Braves or Cubs during the summer.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I basically watch zero sports from the Final Four until football starts. I watched the NBA Finals this year for the first time in several years.

I watch the NFL and college football religiously and then as soon as the Super Bowl is over, I turn my focus to college hoops.

Draft saved Draft deleted