1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much do you text?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jan 9, 2009.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

That would probably make texting more appealing. But I have a fair number of phone calls, and like Mizzou, I email a lot.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Zero. I don't own a cell.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Feel free to start the "How much do you smoke signal?" thread.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Pete's mobile device:

[​IMG]

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just checked my call history from November to December, and I sent about 2,000 texts and made or received 285 calls. I didn't realize I was on the phone that much. Of course, I use my cell for work a lot, and I went on a couple of road trips. And then there's calls to Grandma three or four times a week.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No. I text almost never - my phone is synced to my e-mail.

When I take a picture on my phone and e-mail it or "share" it, however, that counts as a text.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I get a phone call every three days or so, I get a text way more frequently than that.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I guess what I'm saying is that I e-mail off my phone, so why would I need to text? I'm not charged per e-mail, but it's part of my "data package" ??

For people who text a lot, it might be worth it to look into that.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I do too, except I have a Curve.

I apparently sent and received 779 texts last month. I used 349 regular minutes, 195 M2M minutes and 1,313 night and weekend minutes, so I exponentially talk with my phone more than I text, mostly because most of my really close friends aren't texters. About the only texts I send/receive is to my boss, my friend Liz and other random people. But those two are the only ones who I text to normally.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Text? Never.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

823 last month.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My e-mail addy coming your way.

:D I used to text a lot through e-mail until I invested in unlimited. I come close to texting in four figures each month.

Draft saved Draft deleted