1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much do you text?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jan 9, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know with mine, you can set it where you don't save your sent texts. I got tired of having to clean that out.

And Mizzou, I'm about to fucking FLOOD you with text messages. :D

2. Ditto

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So for the people that don't text, do you have actual phone conversations?

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Before I came to my current gig, I sent maybe two text messages in all my years of owning a cell phone.

Now that I'm here, I've sent 133 and received 207 in the three months I've owned my current phone. It's not that folks here don't want to talk ... they just got so used to texting when cell phone service was prohibitively expensive (not so much now).

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Way too much. And it's usually worthless garbage. I pay $5/month extra on my bill to cover 250 texts a month. Went waaaaaaay over that a couple months. Decided no more. So my cell phone bill was $35 cheaper this month. :)

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I prefer texting over phone calls. I have bad hearing, and I can barely hear most of my phone calls.

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I just checked...and I've gotten two, sent one in the last month. Not a fan of texting. I can't stand most abbreviations, so I end up taking forever spelling everything out, and I (clearly) don't have the need to get an unlimited plan for it.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I never text speak. Everything's spelled out. But the QWERTY keyboard on my Voyager makes it easier.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I send anywhere between 50 and 125 a day, generally mixed between, generally, three or four people. If I'm really bored, which happens quite often, I'm texting all the time.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm proud of my semi-colon use through texts. It's one of my best qualities.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I email a ton. I probably use it the way most people would use text messages.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

You have the same phone as me? Damn, that's creepy. I hope you didn't spend as much as I did.

Draft saved Draft deleted