1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much do you pay for internet and who is your ISP?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm in the market (moving soon, never had home internet), but I hate the local cable company (Charter). I'm trying to figure out who's good, and what's a decent price.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Comast. Still on the promo right for $29.99 which comes to about $37 after taxes and rental fee for the modem. But I call or get online and chat with a representative to complain about slow service and interruptions which usually gets me $20 off a month when I do it.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would consider murdering a hobo to have UVerse back.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

$100 month for 256 up/128 down (I think)

My provider: A local with a satellite hanging off his jingle truck.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

About $53 a month once taxes and everything are figured in. Cox. I'm on the mid-tier cable modem plan, Internet/wireless service is all I get from them. Don't have cable TV or the landline phone service they're endlessly advertising. They have a cheaper Internet plan available, but that did not look like something that'd work for me.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Plain-vanilla AT&T DSL (with no landline) ... around $50 a month tax/title/license. Something around 6 mbps (down) and 1.5 mbps (up).

7. $50 for 30 Mbps service.

If you care about speed and quality then order should be Fios / cable modem / DSL. If you have local fiber to the home company - go with them as they pretty much have bets value.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Comcast and $60/month. Not sure on the specifics.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You rock. Seriously. That made me laugh, and I needed it.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My small local cable company got bought out by Charter recently, which sucked all around until today I realized I have ESPN3 now.

Draft saved Draft deleted