1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We dropped from $4.39 to $4.09 over the past week. Didn't go out yesterday so don't know where's it at right now.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

An aside ... don't try to type "Gas Buddy" too quickly. Somehow, the computer skipped the "g" and added a second "s" just a few minutes ago. That wasn't the website I was searching for (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Some of those guys are actually pretty nice. And told me where I could get a fill up.

dixiehack, Batman, garrow and 3 others like this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

San Francisco might be a bargain after all.

Batman and maumann like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

$3.799 a gallon at Buc-Eee’s (I think that’s the lowest in the area for the general public, and it was a madhouse). Came out to about $32.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We have some weird prices. Most stations are $4.09, but some are $4.07 and one is $4.01

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Boots?

dixiehack and Batman like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

$3.88. About a 60 cent drop since a month ago. Will not see 12,000 NYT stories about similar phenomena.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’d love to know if demand can be affected much quicker now than in decades past. Until the 1990s, gas prices were kinda a mystery to the general public, weren’t they?

Now I can know futures instantly and the way it is trending two weeks in advance and plan accordingly. We drive half the amount we did just two months ago. By laying off the accelerator and cruising around at 52-54 mph I’ve increased my mpg on my Civic from 35 to 37 mpg.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

$3.94 here in central Virginia, cost $45 to fill up a 12-gallon tank this morning. Yeesh. Thankfully down to fillups every other week, basically.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It was dipping under $4.00 earlier in the week; sneaking back up again.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Robber barons need to make their $$$.

Draft saved Draft deleted