1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's just like when Hurricane Ike hit Houston. An interruption in one part of the country can result in disruptions in places that never occurred to you.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The leak is right about where the main line branches off to Birmingham.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

In NJ, it just went up today.

NJ Gas Tax Hike Takes Effect Today

Filled up Saturday was 1.89, didn't go by that place today. But place I went by which is usually 3-5 cents more than the other had it at 2.25.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I paid $2.299 the other day in Indiana.

This was $0.15 leas than it cost around the corner, on the main road, that has the highway exit.

The gas station nearest to my house is $2.979.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Noticed that prices have been steadily rising for the last few weeks. Now up to $2.59 or so in my area. Highest it's been in a couple of years.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

$2.79.9 in my area, up 40 cents in one jump a couple of weeks ago.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

$2.69 here. Same as everyone. Steadily increasing. Lowest I saw it was $2.49. Not stoked on the jumps, but reassurance of selling my gas guzzling 4x4 for my Honda Fit. Love that damn car.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Changeover to summer cocktail + very low unemployment = higher gasoline prices.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I remember Trump ripping on Obama about rising gas prices. I guess now the president isn't responsible. as he was from 2008-16.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

It was about $2.70 in my city, went about 20 minutes south yesterday and filled up for 2.45.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This was noted in an email that I get every Monday from one of our players who is also a mortgage banker:

Draft saved Draft deleted