1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Much Creative Writing Do You Do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I have 8 chapters down, so I figure I far ahead of Brian on this one.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I invite everyone posting on this thread to stop by the Writers' Workshop for our upcoming Armistice Day mixer. We'll be serving boxed wine and fondue and talking about writing, creative and otherwise. Bring your own cheeses or potted meats.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

My meat will be in a box. Is that ok?

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'll check with Jones.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I guess that rules out my monthly expense reports.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Niiiiiiiice.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I got into the business to write, but for various reasons my career ended up going down the production path. At the beginning of last year, I started writing in my spare time and it's been a Godsend. I desperately needed a creative outlet. Just wish I had some idea how to do that for a living instead of what I currently do.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Yesterday I hammered out 1,600 words on a short story in an hour-and-a-half. First time I've done that in like eight months. I'd like to do it more but as most of us would point out, there should be an end justifying the means. I wish.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Did National Novel Writing Month the past two years, and am primed for it this November. Am actually planning a sports-related tale, so I may not hate it come December.
    I also review some fave albums over here:
    http://www.music-nerds.com/member.php?id=5
    And, of, course, my blog down in my sig.

10. I write creatively as much as I can. Always for my entertainment and a few friends, but most of the material isn't suitable for general audiences.

Draft saved Draft deleted