1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much are VCU and Butler covered during the regular season?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Where do the Eastern League Flying Squirrels factors into the list since they replaced the Braves?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. RBraves should be F'n Squirrels.

They pretty much spilt time with NASCAR as the main game in town.

This veiw is from a reader.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They're Gannett. All the Gannett paper websites are set up the same way. And they all pretty much suck (though they're not as hard-to-navigate as the McClatchy sites).

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

http://www.indystar.com/

You're underwhelmed? What do you want?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Banner headline above the fold, to begin.

A score graphic that doesn't look like it crawled out of 1987.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can agree with those criticisms. But those are criticisms of quality. That package is plenty big, if not very pretty.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

There's really a countdown clock to next year's Super Bowl on the main page? Eek.

8. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Can we now list the papers in Connecticut that *don't* have a UConn beat writer?

Heck, 10 years ago there were even more papers that beat them.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm curious as to whether papers in the Southwest part of Kentucky bother with a Wildcats beat writer? The AP sure doesn't provide enough other than gamers to get by without one, unless you're just willing to tell your readership that if they want Kentucky coverage in their local newspaper, they need to move East.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

David Woods has been the Butler beat writer for the Indianapolis Star for quite some time. I can only think of maybe a couple of games in the last three years that I haven't seen him have a story the next day, and I want to say that when that did happen Jeff Rabjohns picked it up. Woods also has a decent Butler basketball blog on the Star's website.

Woods has written a couple of books about Butler basketball too. One that came out right before last year's Final Four run and then another one he did last spring chronicling last season.

He and The Star are the only place I've found where I can get quality, regular Butler coverage.

11. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

I'm not sure where else you would get Butler coverage anyway besides the Indianapolis paper.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

'

Well, the Super Bowl is in Indy next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted