1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many will be laboring on Labor Day???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Sep 3, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

shoot, our whole office was closed and no paper published. just like july 4, memorial day, xmas, thanksgiving and new year's.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It could be worse.

I had to get up early for a job interview. For a part-time job. :-\

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Laboring. Gotta build a business page now. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

Sorry to hear your paper is folding. Will you get any severance pay? How much time do you have left?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I volunteered to work, but since Monday is one of my normal days off, here I am at home.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm at the Cincy Post. We die on Dec. 31. As for severance, we're getting two weeks for every year of service, plus I've got about 85 vacation days saved up. I'll be fine. Thanks for the concern, tho.

7. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

We're here. We have the whole newsroom in basically doing nothing. Great use of resources.

8. Same here, so I am sitting at home enjoy the holiday. Although it's really just a typical day off for me...

9. Not working and I took Friday off too. However, I work for the Federal Government so taking time off is encouraged.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm at work now.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Workin' the usual 8pm-2am shift for me. Baseball don't take no holiday during the summer.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I've been told I can take the "weekend days" off "sometime in the next couple of weeks."

::) ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted