1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many will be laboring on Labor Day???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm pissed I'm stuck on the rim tonight, and was just wondering how many other unfortunate souls will be joining me in having to pull some sort of office shift on the holiest of all holy worker days.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm working, but I don't mind. May 1 is the real Labor Day. This September bullshit is the fake Labor Day. I like the fact that the office is almost empty and I can crank the tunes while I'm at my desk.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Time and a half, baby.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

I'm working from home on my football preview stories for Wednesday's paper. Don't mind that much. I've had a weekend, so I don't mind being back to writing.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can you say high school football preview section?
    Can you say double time and a half!!!

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to. Local guy got cut from an NFL team and if I can track him down, that's triple time baby!

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I got time and a half plus holiday pay on Memorial Day and July 4, so I'm sitting this one out.

Still get a full shift of holiday pay though.

8. accguy

accguy Member

I'm going in in a little bit. Time and a half and a day off later isn't all bad.

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

The MLB team I cover is on the road and in action, and I'll be there! Actually, I am there now.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Count me in. My last working holiday before the paper folds. At least, having worked yesterday, I've got most of my usual shit out of the way. Looks like I'll be spending the better part of my day (time and a half) on SportsJournalists.com. Thanks, Scripps!

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Working. Have to do a bunch of follow up shit for high school football and start my preview work. I don't get time and a half, but I do get a day off later. Of course, I won't be able to use it until after football season.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Our weekly goes to press tomorrow, so yes, I'm at work. Was the only one until about an hour ago when the boss sauntered strolled moseyed sashayed walked in.

And now, for the tough part of today's work, I have to go to an area lake and take fotos. Unofficial last day of summer, so it's the last day at the lake thing.

Oh yes, I will work my way toward the beach. Come to think of it, I will start there and may never leave there. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted