1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Times Must a Man Fly to Stockholm?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At least once. Bob Dylan awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature. I almost thought about posting this in the Things That Make You Feel Old thread.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've always thought Bob Dylan was a fascinating person. Not just a great singer/songwriter/artist.......just seems really interesting to me.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In what can be a very public business he has managed to have some private life, and has certainly lived on his own terms. I can't imagine how frustrating interviewing him could be if he wasn't feeling it, let alone the early years when he would actively say all kinds of weird shit just to screw with the reporters.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I saw Dylan at one of the neighborhood bars a block from where I lived in my 20s (Grandma's, for the Minnesotan sjers). He was the filthiest human - as in actually dirty - I had ever seen.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I like to think Dylan got this for his work in the Victoria's Secret TV ad a decade ago.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who was the poster who always said that Bob Dylan plays county fairs now and Roger Waters plays stadiums? Who the hell was that?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I live within a mile or two of the hospital in which he was born.

That said, I think this is apt.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

They're dancing in the streets in Hibbing, where my brother-in-law lives.

Draft saved Draft deleted