1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many teams can you name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.sporcle.com/games/sevendirtywords.php

Not a sports-related one, but it still made me smile. I figured the many George Carlin fans on this site would appreciate it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dangit. 5:32. I had all but one at 5:44, then had to start guessing for Syracuse.

5. dixiehack

6. dixiehack

For the hardcore geography geek, most populous U.S. counties. I got 28 of 30.

7. dixiehack

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is harder than it looks.

I fnished with 101, although I typed in a few that didn't get registered, probably because in my haste, I misspelled the first name in the thread and it didn't count it -- or the other five I had behind it. This cost me probably a half dozen, although I wasn't going to run the table.

EDIT: Got 110 the second time, but gagged down the stretch. I got 90 in the first 4 minutes, then hit a wall.

9. dixiehack

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Tecmo SB QB's: :D

http://www.sporcle.com/games/tecmosbqbs.php

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. My computer was beckoning and -- lo and behold -- this game was still on...

Three tries later, got all 122 with 29 seconds remaining.

My problem kept being I would get three out of four in a city right and think of another one immediately. So I would forget the last team in that city. That kept happening with the Flyers, the Sharks and the Steelers.

Draft saved Draft deleted