1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people have offered to shovel your driveway today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know the Challenger joke was tasteless. I just always heard it growing up, and Bubbler had mentioned the bad jokes in the previous post and, well, you see where I'm going with this.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

No thumbs.. they can't really steady it on their little paws :)

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Nobody.
    I own a townhouse and the association has a crew that plows and salts the streets, and then shovels and salts everyone's driveway, front sidewalk and front porch.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why would anyone bother shovelling their driveway if the snow was going to be gone the next day?

I mean, that would be an insignificant amount of snow.

Front walk is a different story.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Certainly no way the snow we got here was going to melt the next day. Nobody offered to shovel my driveway. Huggy Jr., almost nine, went in the house to play video games claiming it was too cold and dark to help.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And you let him do that?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell the snow we got yesterday will be around till March. Nice thing about living in an apartment--no shovelling.

You should have told Huggy Jr to haul ass or his days as dressing room helper were over.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, he hurt his elbow in a schoolyard tumble the other day. His old man has some compassion. Some.

Draft saved Draft deleted