1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many Olympic sports can you name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jul 19, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think I got 7 before I got bored and had them fill it in. :)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've actually SEEN Olympic trampoline. They get up pretty high. I could do a butt drop and that was about it.
    Olympic level table tennis is amazing.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I missed handball, judo and taekwondo, giving up with five minutes left. I'm particularly disappointed about the last one, 'cause I did a story on a national-level taekwondo kid a while back. Guess I shouldn't have quit so soon.

Can you tell I love the Olympics? :D

4. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I got 24, and the only one I feel dumb about missing is gymnastics...

The others I missed were all mentioned above (Kayak, Trampoline, Handball, Judo, Modern Pentathalon, Shooting, Triathalon)...

I was quite proud when I got equestrian, taekwondo, and table tennis...Also, I wouldn't have gotten sailing if not for all the algae stories last week...

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Missed trampoline and field hockey.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think it goes deeper than that.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Matt Leinart decided to play in the NFL instead of waiting for his shot at gold.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Because outside of the running, it's got nothing really to do with a track, possibly? The other disciplines are shooting, equestrian, swimming and fencing.

Draft saved Draft deleted