1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you have your own website?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by westcoastvol, Jun 28, 2011.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'm not in the J biz, but I was wondering how many of you have your own site that has your best stories and clips on it and such.

Do you do links? Do you copy/paste the story with a link? If it's a sample that doesn't exist electronically, but you have a hard copy of it, do you scan and post that, too?

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who has a J/editor's background and is now looking for freelance work, so I come here to sportsjournalists.com: where the pros roost. :-*

(For my biz, yes, I do have my own site with my greatest hits, but wasn't sure how you guys handle it...thx in advance)

2. FleetFeet

FleetFeet Member

I do have a website, but only with my recent work. I have one by default, though, as I started an online newspaper last winter and while I've had contributors, it's largely been a one-man show.

I'm in the process of scanning in a few favorites (news and sports) from back in the old days. I'll probably put a personal profile link in the "about us" section of the online newspaper. Right now, my only question is whether I password-protect that link for potential employers should the need arise.

3. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Active Member

never thought of that...I keep electronic copies of my best work, but haven't thought of posting to a website...good idea.

4. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I have my own website and link to all the motor sports stories I write. I haven't written a newspaper stories in years, but I keep my site fresh with stories that are published on websites and radio station sites.

Draft saved Draft deleted