1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you have ever "accidently overdosed"?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No, Jason, thank you for keeping it real, yo. You stand bestride us all like a Colossus.

2. sartrean

sartrean Member

It's very relevant because the T.O. OD story would not be a story if T.O. was just a janitor at Texas stadium and ODed on pain pills. people like T.O. put the fans in the stands. Money is germane to this topic.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Does anybody here segregate their pills and keep the rest in a drawer?

4. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Terrell who?

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

As a guy who's taking more pills than ever before, I actually see how this could happen.

6. paris trout

paris trout Member

You're confusing the issue. You, like the publicist, assume that T.O. would not attempt to kill himself because he has a $25 million contract. The idea that Owens is an engine of commerce is a non sequitur.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FYI,

As someone who has had this happen more than once, do not go to a quicky medial place. Go to the eye doctor. They will check it out, put some drops in your eye and give you a contact lense to wear for a couple days that will completely take care of the pain.

No need for pain pills -- unless you just like them.

8. sartrean

sartrean Member

Yeah, I'm not all about having to go to Dr. A for the referral to see high priced Dr. B who's an eye doctor. I'm poor, ya know, I'm a sports journalist.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't even use insurance. Wasn't too bad. Anyplace that sells glasses could handle it. Probably even Sunglass Hut in the mall.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ask Kurt Cobain about the theory that engines of commerce don't kill themselves. Oh yeah, you can't....he shot himself after selling a gazillion records. If you're a miserable poor person, you'll probably be a miserable rich person.
    For T.O.'s publicist to think right away that he tried to kill himself shows that people around him think he's capable of suicide. That's not good. They need to grab the guy, make him get out of the drama factory and force him to get some kind of treatment.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

LOL, Whitlock had Colt 45, my weapon of choice was tequila.

However, a couple years ago I had really bad back problems and was given muscle relaxers as part of treatment. Every time my back gets tight I take one and call it a night. After an especially long day I took two and sprawled out on the couch. Half an hour later I was entirely numb, could not get off the couch if my life depended on it. Note to self: no more than one muscle relaxer.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

once i had a bad headache so i took four advil. bad idea. stomach killed and headache didn't even get better, i assume because taking that much advil is bad for your brain.

Draft saved Draft deleted