1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you have a beard?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pffft, Jan 20, 2011.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm 38 and I can't even come close to growing one. But I'd most likely have one if I could.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Had a full beard off and on a few times when I was younger. The last time was in my early 30s. Never kept one for long because it got too itchy and was miserable in the southern summers.

But, except for about six weeks when my sister got married in 1981, I've had a full mustache since about 1974. Neither my kids nor my wife have ever seen my bare upper lip, and I've known my wife for almost 29 years.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I grew a beard once. Everyone told me I looked like Kenny Loggins. And off went the beard. But not before a few rounds of "I'm Alright."

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Had a full beard most of my young adult life. Then cut that down to a goatee a few years ago. Then that became gray, so now I'm clean-shaven and can pass for years younger. Even won a prize at state fair last year because the age-guesser guy guessed too young.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yes, and his name is Jose.

I have a beard at the moment, but not because it makes me look like Kenny Loggins. Most of the time, I grow one simply because I HATE shaving.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

View from behind:

[​IMG]

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Trey isn't that fat.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, you misread my post. The photog I'm talking about WAS NOT talking about food when he called a goatee a flavor savor. Also, he didn't have a goatee himself, just a thick cheesy moustache.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The behind is at Bristol about 3-4 suites over from the press box.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've had one off and on for the past few years. Right now I'm going full-face with it, but shaving the cheeks for the "chinstrap." Trying to avoid shaving off too much is not fun. I think I need a good straight razor if I'm going to keep the look.

While we're on shaving...has anyone bought anything from the Art of Shaving? Their stuff looks so overpriced ($1,000 for a razor that uses Fusion blades?), but the reviews I've read say it's quality.

12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Grew a beard, a full beard, four times in the past year. It's my 10th one. It comes and goes as needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted