1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you are actively looking for a new job?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Clever username, Jan 21, 2007.

1. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

You said it, and add me to the list of people who are looking... and, save Alberta, might I add the market across Canada is fairly frigid these days.

2. incognito

incognito Guest

I'm certainly looking.

3. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I'm not looking for a new job, but I'm always keeping an eye out for a better opportunity.

I actually like my job a lot. Probably because by 5:15, I'll be checking in at the local bar.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I'm actually not looking. figure I need to stay here for at least nine months before I can start shopping around for a new gig.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Quick question: Is this job in Green Bay?

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Some years ago, I stopped looking, and that turned out to be a big goof. I like my gig now, but I've learned it always pays to be aware of what else might be out there.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm keeping an eye out, but not actively looking.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
    Suicide remarks are torn
    From the fool's gold mouthpiece
    The hollow horn plays wasted words
    Proves to warn
    That he not busy (looking for a new job)
    Is busy dying."

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A-B-L.

A-Always.

B-Be.

L-Looking.

Always be looking.

"Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted."

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I always peek at the jobs board here. I don't post there as often as I did a few months back, but if I see something somewhere and don't see it on the SportsJournalists.com board, I'll certainly post it.

As for me, I always check journalismjobs.com, APSE, various state press associations and anything else I can find. I also check out specific papers for jobs, although that's drying up quickly. Good luck to all the job hunters out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted