1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Many Full Time Journalists On This Forum?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TomsSportReport, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys!

I was wondering how many of you are really making a full time living as a sportsjournalist?

Just curious..

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Of our 31,159 members there are 23,845 working full-time in journalism.

3. Cool, thanks for your answer. :)

Btw, how many of all the journalists are still active on this forum today?

Have a nice day.

4. Moderator1

I have no way to quantify that but my guess is the ratio would be the same. About 75 percent of our members are full-time journalists so I'm confident 75 percent of our active members fall into that class.

Not sure why all this matters a twit but there you go.

5. Why it matters?

No big deal, just curious since i´m new to this sportsjournalists forum.

edit: I'm a fulltime IM'er myself and just started my own snewssite and was just wondering how many of you here are working as a sportsjournalist fulltime.. :)

/ Tomas

6. Moderator1

You IM full-time? Not sure I follow.

7. I'm a fulltime Internet Marketer, sold 90% of my biz in 2010.. Took a few years off to work on some offline projects but have always been interested in sports and writing so i set up a sports news site (in my sig) just for fun.. Started as a fun project but it really took off fast so now i' m gonna work my ass off to see where i can take this simple site..

8. Seems interesting that an Internet Marketer would want stats, especially one who continually promotes his site.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've gone to journalism full time so the number is now 23,846.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Somehow, I don't think anything this gentleman would have asked would have satisfied you.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get another 10-day contract.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We have people here who PM full time, so perhaps you can help then cash in on their talents. Take it to IMs and have a nice My Wife Works From Home And Made $110,000 Last Year Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.