1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many brackets do you fill out?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Two for a couple of different pools. One is creative with some upsets, the other I picked every higher seed to win to see how I'd actually do.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I fill out three or four, but only ever use the same bracket. I don't want to have to worry about pulling for the wrong teams and not knowing what the hell is going on when watching games.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'll use the same bracket on two (office and SportsJournalists.com) this year.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's why I think about only doing one fantasy team per sport every season, though it never sinks through my dome.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Then why watch? Unless you went to multiple colleges.

I did office, EPSN and the Yahoo $5 million one, with little tweaks making each one a little different. I don't do multiple ones in the same pool.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One bracket two pools.
    A guy I work with runs a pool as do I, but mine is not a bracket pool.
    He asked if I was getting in his (knowing where this was going) and I said, "well, are you getting in mine?" He looked and said, "well, no. I have other things to do." and I asked why I should get in his if he was too busy for mine.

7. joe

joe Active Member

If I lived in Champaign, I'd be in the Esquire Lounge pool. First place pays out more than $1,000, and spots up to 50th place get payouts, too. Usually 500-750 folks in that one.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I used to go apeshit, doing four or more different brackets. My wife took a picture of me sleeping in my dorm room in college...next to me are four brackets tacked to my wall (along with a Sheryl Crow poster, a True Romance poster and a Heathers poster...ahh memories).

Then I realized I don't know shit and it's just wasted money and effort to come up with multiple brackets. so I do the same one in several different groups. This year it's SportsJournalists.com, an ESPN group with friends from home and a pool run by one of Stormy's friends.

And of course hoopool. Total investment: $15.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Same here. Dropped fantasy football two years ago.

It hasn't slowed down my interest in the corresponding sports. If anything, now I just enjoy the games again.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fantasy football helped me get into football. I began playing when I began my career, so I'd be forced to pay more attention and learn the names. I don't pay attention to college basketball until March, so I do the same thing with the brackets.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was into both of these sports long before fantasy and bracket pools.

Bribery not necessary, either mentally or financially.

12. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I filled out three brackets in four pools, none of which cost anything. I was surprised when the invitations kept popping up. I think I put the most thought into my SJ entry, only because I had to ponder the mascots.

Did you know your office pool might be illegal?

Draft saved Draft deleted