1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many brackets do you fill out?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Do you go with just one? Or are you the Sybil of the NCAA brackets?

Me--I've got about 6--yahoo, ESPN, Sportsline, an office pool. Lots of variation in the first two rounds, but all of them come back to UNC and UCLA in the end.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I filled out three immediately after the field was set, then I filled out my "official" one and trashed the first three. I entered my official bracket in about six different contests.

But then I filled out one off-the-wall bracket, just for kicks.

My wife has so many brackets that are so varied in her picks, she won't even know who she needs to win the games.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have 2 brackets in my main pool. It's the way I've done it for the past 10 years. I haven't won in 8 years, though, so it doesn't seem to help.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I only do one per pool. Sometimes two, but usually one. It's my sheet of integrity :)

And integrity gets me usually in the bottom half of the pool

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Same here, Bob. But I used to fill out a dozen, and that was worse. Sure, one of them might turn out pretty good, but it was a total clusterf*ck to keep track of my picks.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll fill out as many brackets as I get invites. Anyone else need more entrants?? (Cash pools, please.)

I also try to get a variety. Did one where you pick a group of 10 teams and get points based on seeds if they win. Did one where you pick the whole bracket and get points based on the seeds if they win. Did a couple traditional ones. Did a draft where we got nine people together and take turns picking teams; whoever's teams win the most games wins it all.

I mix up my picks based on the scoring rules, but I think I've picked UCLA to win it all in each one so far.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I filled out one, and that was for the SportsJournalists.com thing. That's it.

8. Two.
    And I'm in a blind draw pool -- Go Boilermakers! -- every year, too.

9. Bob Slydell

So you have UK in Final Four right?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OR losing in the first round.

I do have a sig bet with Fenian on the game, though. He's cheating and only giving me five points though. :)

11. Bob Slydell

I don't think UK can handle the Marquette guards.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I usually fill out three — one for me and one each for my two cats.

Draft saved Draft deleted