1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many bosses do you have?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Jun 29, 2006.

1. gumbojumbo

gumbojumbo Guest

My stomach

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He / she?

Now I'm interested.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the little woman kicked the pub's ass just three weeks ago ... hence, i have a three-day weekend.

4. slipshod

slipshod Member

Three, one in New York, two here, not counting my wife....

5. annoyed

annoyed Member

Does he/she have a "special relationship" with one of your bosses? :-*

6. ogre

ogre Member

Let's see. Until two weeks ago, I had the ASE, SE, AME, ME, genreral manager and publisher, so that's six. But my SE quit to go to chef's school, so that's five now. And do the GM and publisher count if they don't know your name/haven't been introduced to you in the three years you've been at the paper?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If they can walk into the newsroom, order you to drop your pants to your ankles, hop up on top of your desk and cluck like a big huckin' chicken -- or else you're fired -- they count.

Big. Huckin' Chicken.... ::) ::)

8. ogre

ogre Member

So if I walk into the office with my pants around my ankles and do that big huckin chikcen thing, then maybe they cant order me around. They will just say, 'Keep up the good work' and encourage others to adopt my good attitude.

9. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Yeah, I have two — publisher and editor, but really neither of them acts like it. I'm usually free to do my own stuff as long as it gets done.

Draft saved Draft deleted