1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long should it take to rip a DVD?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 12, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

OK, the first rip went fine. I was able to burn it, no problem. But I see a problem coming with the second one. The file is bigger than my DVD.

How does one go about this compression of which you speak?

2. Bob Crotchet

Bob Crotchet Member

I'm sure there's something similar for the Mac to DVDFabDecrypter for the PC, which lets you extract just the movie from the DVD (no extras) for a better fit on a regular blank DVD. Andf there's always dual-layer discs if you don't want to compress.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I'm in the DVD Decrypter followed by DVD Shrink camp. My computer's a little slow, so sometimes it takes 30-40 min each to rip and shrink. Then about another 10-15 to burn.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's worth pointing out that most DVDs can be purchased legally for like $5-10 at this point. Assuming you make even $20 an hour, the bullshit you have to wade through to pirate something makes it literally not worth your time.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Huh? Where are these cheap ones?

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

On behalf of actors everywhere, thanks for devaluing our work.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Half.com. I've gotten about 75% of all my DVDs from that site, and only paid more than $10 for a couple of them.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Are they used or new?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Check out deepdiscount.com --- good prices.

Draft saved Draft deleted