1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Long Has It Been Since You Looked At Poynter?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well over a month, for me . . .

What a coincidence . . .

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not since the Romenesko fiasco.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wasn't there one thing on there that got some attention? I could swear I've followed a link to it once post-Romenesko but I'll be damned if I can remember why.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing I probably read something during the whole "Chink in the armor" scandal. Before that, it would probably go back to the Romenesko fiasco.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Doodah's there every day.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Same. To be fair, I hadn't read much other than Romenesko regularly since I got out of college (j-school, heh), though I'd usually be drawn to something else on their website while reading his column. Very curious what their traffic looks like now compared to prior to him leaving.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I visited several times a day to check Romensko and little else, if anything at all.

Maybe a month or two before the Romensko dustup I quit visiting as much and don't have a good reason. After he left their site I haven't been back at all.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sounds like me. I clicked a link but I don't remember what it was or why.

I go to romenesko twice a day and I also follow him on twitter so I see his stuff pretty regularly n

9. iowagrad

iowagrad New Member

Last time I visited was early January, after I noticed in my Google Reader that a blog I followed, Regret the Error, was now hosted at Poynter. Haven't been to the actual website since then, though I do occasionally read the blog posts in my feed.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I get an email daily with the kind of updates Romenesko used to do for them, just not as good, and I pay attention to a couple of them.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Poynter who?

12. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I visited there until I found SportsJournalists.com and figured anything important and realistic they had to share was probably already here.

Draft saved Draft deleted