1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long does my monitor have to live??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My monitor (8 years old) has started to act weird -- without warning the screen shrinks into a weird hourglass shape -- then pops back to full size. How long after this stuff starts should I expect to go have to buy a new monitor??

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it's not a flat screen monitor you should be glad to get rid of the clunker. Run, don't walk and get a new one.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I honestly thought this was about lizards...all the way until the part about screen shrinkage.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

If it's a CRT monitor, it's starting to die. It could be today, it could be two years from now.

I would save some $$$ and get a new one sooner than later.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Phew. I thought this read "How long does my mentor have to live?"

I thought Mitchie had some bad news. :D :D :D

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I read this as "How long does my MOTHER have to live" and I'm thinking, why doesn't he ask a doctor? Why start a thread on this? :D

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You never know when DocTalk might stop by. :D :D

[​IMG]

Well, I headed over to Sam's, picked up a 19" flat screen for $168, and put Ole Reliable in a box. It still works, but off and on. Maybe I'll tear it open and see if it's something as simple as a loose wire or something.

Fired up the new one -- holy shizinit. :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted