1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How long do you stay on the first job?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MadDog2020Terp, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Flip's lady friend (I usually refer to her as my wife) is indeed potent. She gave birth to two gorgeous children in spite of their goofy-looking father. One, the girl is 2 YEARS old and the boy is 4 months.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

like we believe that.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Again it all depends on the circulations and regions, I don't think there's a set amount you should get. It's about how much you're willing to move for.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not gonna lie I thought the same thing, until I read it about four times.

5. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I always said I'd be happy just to make my age. Then again, I was in a market where the pay wasn't that great. Well, today I'm in that same market and I've exceeded my age by 10 years/K.

I think I'm doing OK.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You start packing your bags and get the fuck out when you're asked to sign a non-compete or it's proposed that you go on salary.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

you leave when you find something better that lets you easily pay off your one year lease that you signed or until you've been there at least one year.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I was there nearly four years at my first job, and then 4 1/2 at my second. Going on 2 1/2 at present shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted