1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Long Do You Plan On Working?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll stop working when they stop expecting me to pay for things like "rent" and "electricity" and "clothing."

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My dad worked his last day about 45 days before he died. I expect roughly the same.

3. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I plan on working until my quiet, but very weird co-worker comes into the office one day and shoots us all.

But until then, I'm going to keep humiliating him and pushing all his buttons.

Stupid loser.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When I worked on the Commodities Exchange trading floor at 4 WTC, there was one dude in particular who seemed somewhat unhinged.

This was back when several Postal workers had, well "gone Postal".

A friend of mine told me that he was nice to this guy on the hope that on the day he came in and shot the place up that he would spare my friend.

Like your co-worker, you've got to be pretty fucked up when people expect you to go out in a blaze of glory some day.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like your plan, Ollie.

Will you give your boss a copy of my resume in case he needs to hire a bunch of folks quickly?

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I used to say I'd work until they hauled me off feet-first at halftime of the big local football game. Used to say it as a joke. Now ... not so much.

Seriously, though, I'm 55 and as long as my health holds up, I'll probably work as long as I can. I like what I do and I need the paycheck.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I plan to work until at least one of my kids is rich enough to support me for a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted