1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How lazy are you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What's that episode of The Simpsons in which Homer and Mr. Burns get teamed on the hike through the mountains. The first duo to the cabin gets something. Mr. Burns suggestions he and Homer take a "horseless sleigh." So they get to the cabin really early and start enjoying the snacks. So they're sitting in the chairs, feet kicked up, and instead of getting up to get some chip dip or something, Homer kicks the table with the heel of his foot until the dip is on his side of the table.
    Mr. Burns response: "I'm forever in your debt, sir." Or something like that.

Anyways, that's the kind of laziness for which I strive.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If I see a healthy person parking in a handicapped spot when I'm driving my stepfather around town, I hope one of you will bail me out of jail after I beat the lazy SOB who parked in the last spot senseless.

There's lazy, and then there's thoughtless, self-centered turds.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I generally call the cops -- especially at Walmart, where the only criteria for parking there seems to be fat and lazy

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'll come get you, or at least send somebody to come get you :D

5. Sam Mills 51

Thanks. I somehow doubt my stepfather will be really happy with me at this point. :D

6. used to be friends with a cop whose wife was disabled.

He told me to call him, anytime, anyday, if I saw someone illegally parking in a handicapped spot.

I was happy to oblige.

7. Sam Mills 51

There's a cop we can all like.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i quite often ask whoever's in the room to put my socks on for me.

9. I'll put yours on if you put mine on ...

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Two stories:

1) My wife learned her lesson about parking in these spaces a few months ago. She parks in an abandoned building's lot (old convenience store) and walks a block to work. She does it so she doesn't have to park in a parking garage for $30 a month. Anyway, she was running late one day and the only spot left in the lot at the abandon building was the handicap spot, complete with blue paint and yellow wheelchair. She parked in it. She got a ticket! They can still enforce that despite the store/building not being used. I laughed my ass off at her.

2) It was snowing hard here the other day and the lot at the store was covered in snow. I was running in to buy beer. I parked in a spot I thought was unusually close to the store. When I came out, I could barely see the blue paint and yellow graphic on the pavement. I had parked in the handicap spot. And I felt absolutely awful.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sometimes I wash myself with a rag on a stick. And it's not because I'm fat. It's because I'm that lazy.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

this could get dangerous, you know, wb. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted