1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How I Met Your Mother finale -- Spoilers! And Renewed for Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, May 14, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: How I Met Your Mother finale -- Spoilers!

I'm missing a lot of information on this show ... someone suggested I watch it, and I really like it. But I'm still finishing Season 1 on DVD and missed most of the first half of this year, so I'm catching up. Really entertaining show, and I care about the characters, which is why I like shows like the Office and Friday Night Lights. Last night was good.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I thought that when Ted referred to Aunt Robin, the producers were doing it as a gag and that the kids he was talking to weren't his own. Aunt Robin could therefore be his wife.

After last night however, that scenario seems impossible.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's an interesting loophole for the "Aunt Robin" thing, but I kinda doubt it.

I assumed the news was them breaking up because we knew it was coming and it can't be that far off if they were going to be done by the time Barney's brother gets married.

I think they can keep Robin on the show easily enough. It's not like they wrote Lilly out when she and Marshall were broken up and that was a lot more traumatic for the characters.

I'll feel better once I see for sure that it is renewed, too. I'd hate to think that is how the show would end. I always assumed the final scene would be Ted meeting his future wife.

Really excellent show. Very funny and they do a great job of making it pay off if you follow storylines from past episodes, most notably the Slap Bet.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I think we're at the point now where we may never see Your Mother. I'm thinking she shows up in the last episode, which they probably have all but written out, and that's how they end the show.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I read an interview with the series creators last year when the show started gaining momentum, and they said they had the final five minutes of the final episode planned out already and that it was just a matter of getting there.

I'm thinking that if the entire premise of the show is Ted telling his kids the story of how he met their mother, then that should be the final scene of the show. Or maybe I'm being too literal.

In regards to Robin, the creators were also pretty emphatic that she was not the mom and that there wasn't some loophole, so unless they were flat-out lying or changed their mind along the way, I don't see that happening.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

They can bring back the girl from last season that he dumped to go out with Robin (Ashley Williams I think). I liked her better the Colbie Smuthers anyway.

7. outofplace

I doubt it. That ended pretty ugly, with her finding out he was not only about to cheat on her with Robin, but he had lied to Robin and told her that they were already broken up.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Or like in the Price is Right episode, Ted and Robin come in and they are dirty from the sauce and it isn't explained why. Then last night they explain why.
    Really good stuff.
    In the TV Guide interview, the producer said they like to paint themselves into corners and then figure a way out. Like when they talked about Ted's 30th birthday and how they'll to have a scene with a goat since the flashback mentioned how Ted had a goat at his 30th birthday.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Variety says the show is coming back
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964967.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

10. outofplace

Perfect timing for some good news.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This news is awe ... wait for it ... some.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

LEGEN... I hope you're not lactose intolerant because here it comes... DAIRY![/my favorite Barneyism]

Draft saved Draft deleted