1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How high is your social-consciousness meter?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Dec 14, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, in the case of Toronto, recycling is mandatory. They'll fine your ass if they consistently find stuff that can be recycled in household garbage.

And I have no problem with that. Get with the program or pay the piper.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I wish there were more government mandates in America.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

God bless you, Jones, for referring to them as pop cans and not soda cans.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's a soda can? :)

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

God bless you too, JR.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What hope do we have? What hope do we have?

This is what gets me.

What hope do we have? We have the same hope as we had before IJAG, dools and Songbird dropped their cans into the other repository.

Hand-wringing gets me. Not socially conscious enough? Perhaps. But I mean, really...

7. pallister

pallister Guest

We're all doomed.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's all fun and games, pall, until somebody gets hit by an unrecycled soda pop can and puts an eye out. ;)

9. pallister

pallister Guest

That cracked me up.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, yeah. I'm with shottie. This was WAY over the top. Not every human being does anything. If most people recycle, shit will last longer. If most people don't, then it won't. The end.

I, honestly, feel everything has its purpose. I'm fine with drilling for oil or taking the tops off mountains. If there's stuff that is in there that makes life easier, then I'm all for it. If we don't, because it's going to steal it from future generations, then it was going to run out eventually anyway.

Sorry if that bothers you. But yeah...I just don't care that much.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I just don't care that much.

IJAG, you pretty much perfectly summed up my attitude the last few years in six words.

Maybe it'll change; maybe it won't. Regardless, I'll keep eating my leftovers.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What more could anyone ask? You doing that saves electricity by not having to turn on the garbage disposal.

You, sir, are socially conscious.

Draft saved Draft deleted