1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How high is your social-consciousness meter (Part II)?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, May 28, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I sip green tea while listening to NPR

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Just moved to beautiful Annapolis from a place where trash collection was nonexistent. Had to drive six miles to the dump where Grizzly Adams sat in a shed and recorded everything you threw in the one giant bin. So, no corpses. I'm just thrilled to have a garbage container I can wheel to a curb. I'll pick up the recycling can this week. You don't have to separate items, apparently. My lazy ass is all for that.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Me too. If a city/town/municipality wants everyone to recycle, they should make it as easy as possible, not some sort of forced civic duty where you have to spend an hour a week doing it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread has made me laugh out loud several times, and I think it's irony, or coincidence, or serendipitous, or nothing at all, that I'm listening to "Rain On The Scarecrow" by John Cougar no wait he was still Cougar Mellencamp back then.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I make it a point to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" once a month.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I take my empties back a few times a year and always end up with $20 worth. It used to be so much easier to put wine, booze bottles, imported beer cans and bottles in the blue box and just worry abut taking my beer bottles back to the beer store. And no matter what time you go you will be stuck behind guys who scour parks looking for bottles or cans or lazy bastards like me who let the stuff pile up the crawl space for months.

On my way to the bus I will peer into blue boxes and always see some guy who doesn't take his empties back and think, "Man, that guy really hit the wine this week" or marvel at the Heineken front that moved in at the neighbours'.

Draft saved Draft deleted