1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How he finally met the mother (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 23, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Didn't Ted say that there is a wild card at every wedding and he was the wild card at Robin and Barney's?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yeah, we already know Ted does something dumb.

3. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

And we already know robin asks Ted if she's making a mistake

4. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

And yet we also already know Barney and Robin go through with it and get married, so I'm not sure how calamitous whatever he does could really be. Still think it's another fake out.

5. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

A fun payoff at the end with the character catch-ups. I'm still not sure why Taran Killam was there, unless there is more to that story or Cobie wanted a chance to work with her husband. A good enough episode.

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the payoff but there was a point in the middle that felt sort of Inception-ish because there was a story within a story within a story.

There's the overriding story of the series (Ted talking to the kids) and within that story was the story Ted told the mother about Blauman, and within THAT was the story he told Marshall about the Teddy Roosevelt showdown with Blauman.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I like that they tied things up for some of the supporting characters. Less clutter for the final two episodes.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the story within the story within the story. Good times.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

She asked me if I was tearing up and I wasn't I just needed to sneeze but the fact that this show is coming to an end gives me a sad.

Tonight's episode was a great one.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really liked the Ted and the mother stuff. The endings to the third tiered characters were just ok for me, except for Barney's brother.

And kudos to Zabka to committing to the self-parody for a whole season.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I loved the tie in with Ted's first date with Robin and his first date with mother. I was, however, kind of hoping she would invite him in and Ted would find the items he first saw when he was dating Cindy.

12. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Whatever happened to Ted's sister? The one who moved to New York?

Draft saved Draft deleted