1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How he finally met the mother (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't know about a wonderful season in sum, but that was a very nice episode. It was all in there tonight, oop.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed the beginning of the first scene. Tends to happen a lot (Just the way the schedules go with little OOP. I usually end up checking it out online later in the week. I thought perhaps there was mention of it there. Or was it just that last bit with Marshall talking about her following her dream because she has given him his? Dumb. If anything, going to Italy makes less sense for them now.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, she acted like she was drunk all weekend, but now the story is that she was drinking club soda? Turrible.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

So she can pee a ton and puke and people won't know the different between morning sickness or drunkeness?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When did she act drunk?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She certainly acted like she was buzzed the first 5-6 episodes.

The episode was 20 minutes of crap with 5 minutes of a sweet conclusion.

The promo at the end continued the trend with other shows nearing their conclusion -- only 2 episodes left, until the finale. Why don't they just say that there are 3 episodes left total?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was just glad the Mosby Booooooooooooys returned.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Disagree strongly. Mosby Booooooooys and the entire sleuthing thing was tremendous, as was The Captain's song. The Robin's mother plot could have been better but turned out to be valuable at the end.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this week's episode. I didn't like many of the non-mother pre-Christmas episodes, so this has be rethinking of those early ones this season were really missing the mom or were just rather poorly executed. Or maybe my mood's just changed, I don't know.

10. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Robin was talking about Ted at the end when she said she had someone who was always there for her, right?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Had to be. But boy do I hope that means nothing in the grand scheme.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

FWIW, and I'm not sure where I saw this so I can't link, but Pam Fryman (the show's director) said all of the theories posted out there haven't hit the nail on the head exactly.

I give the show credit for keeping people guessing, that's for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted