1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How he finally met the mother (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 23, 2013.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was one of the best lines.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anyway ...

I wonder if Marshall being in a car was done so he could do other projects during the season. He and Shepherd (and baby Marvin and some extras) could film half the season in a week or two and he'd be free to work on whatever else he's got going.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That probably was the reasoning, but I think it opens up a lot of good angles for the show to use during the first half of this season. Lily and Marshall, like almost all couples in real life, are more fun when separated.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good opener that laid the foundation for the season to come. It wasn't the best episode, but it had it's laughs. I liked Lily turning evil when the cookies were gone and Mom bopped her on the nose with a magazine. For this opener to be of any worth, the subsequent episodes need to get stronger building on what these first two laid out.

I liked how they are starting to throw in little nuggets to hint that this is the final season.

There is also a lot of potential for next week's show playing on the zombie theme. Can't wait.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently, CBS offered Segel and Hannigan (sp?) a Lily and Marshall spinoff and Hannigan desperately wants to do it, but Segel turned it down.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This does not appear to be accurate at all. From Alyson Hannigan:

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So are you guys saying the episode set up the rest of the season nicely?

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I feel about this show the same way I did when I decided to watch every episode of the old Hawaii Five-0 on Netflix. I made it this far, I might as well go to the end.

The cousin storyline was interesting, but I see a season's worth of second-string jokes about plots explored earlier. There can't be that many wedding jokes to last a whole season when there already was one wedding on the show years ago.

9. Inky_Wretch

Speaking of, last night was the only time I can remember a half-hour sitcom promoing next week's show as the coda. You see it on most hour-long dramas, but not sitcoms.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

A couple laughs, but nothing totally memorable.

The "Monstrosity" bit was okay, but laughed harder when I saw Ranier Wolfcastle talk about his Hummer's gas mileage ("One highway, zero city.") on The Simpsons...like 12 years ago.

How I Met Your Mother, the Final Season: Can you say "Ordi - wait for it - 'nary?"

Ordinary.

11. Inky_Wretch

Time will tell.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Meh. The last scene at the end of the second episode was ok, but the rest was C-

Draft saved Draft deleted