1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How he finally met the mother (Season 9)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The final season starts with two episodes tonight. Am I the only one still excited?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No you aren't. I'm in.

I look for a sharper show now that they know they don't have to stretch it anymore.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm in. Not exactly excited.

I kind of feel a strange sense of obligation to see this to the end.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Exactly. The show makes me laugh every now and then, but it hasn't been great in forever. Yet I still watch every episode. It helps that I don't have any other Monday shows and haven't in quite a while.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's how I felt about Dexter. Big mistake. :D

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is the first one new tonight? I thought we saw the locket (the name of the episode) last season.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

And that's two of my favorite shows, so I'm not happy with the TV gods right now.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Exactly. They have a fixed point now. I'm hoping that we aren't sick of the wedding weekend by about episode 10/11 though.

No, it was just mentioned when Robin was digging around for the locket. The locket episode was called "Something Old."

(It's really cheesy, but I love that the lead-up to Marshall and Lily's wedding was "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" and the lead-up to the Barney/Robin wedding was "Something Old" and "Something New.")

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm just a straight How I Met Your Mother apologist. I think, when they bring it, it's still one of the best shows on TV.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Indeed.

When was the last time you thought the show really brought it?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, I've got a minute counter clicking down to the start of HIMYM here on the West Coast. I'm pretty stoked.

Fortress of Barnitude was pretty quality.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There were several really great episodes last season: "P.S. I Love You," "Weekend at Barney's," "The Final Page," "Splitsville" and "Twelve Horny Women" stood out, along with the season finale.

Draft saved Draft deleted