1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How has the Internet changed you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yup. Like I said, it drives me nuts.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It has helped me manage my time better, so I then have more time to waste, then it provides plenty of time-wasting options, which are now interrupted by taking breaks to expend bodily waste. I refuse to take the computer to the loo. That would be a severe waste of time.

Seriously, we probably have more information at our fingertips right now than all of our presidents through Clinton combined. And we don't know what to do with the vast majority of it. So we sit and stare at the screen.

It has significantly changed my approach to entertainment. I get almost all my music (I'm listening to the Traitor soundtrack as I write this ...) online and yesterday I watched four movies. Three of them were online and the one that was in a theatre, I found the show information online.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You watched three movies online and another in the theater in a single day?

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I had a really great weekend in Toronto a few years back..... :D

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

It's made me bitter, and it's made me happy.

I'm bitter because of the age of self-importance we've spawned with it.

I'm happy because my girlfriend lives 1,500 miles away, and Skype is a wonderful luxury.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Internet ruined my life.

I picked up some slampig at SHooters one night and the next thing you know, I'm rated a 10.0 on some blog of hers and my twitter feed is blowing up with girls wanting my action. Now I get zero sleep.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Skype is one of those too-good-to-be true things that actually is true.

"Dear, let me get this straight. You just spent 70 minutes on a videochat with friends and family 5,800 miles away . . . and this doesn't cost a cent?"

Amazes me every time.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Agreed. My son and I just spent an hour on video chat with his grandma and aunt 1400 miles away. Seemed like a pure fantasy 10 years ago.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Think about the shit we will be doing in 10 years.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I look forward to getting my mail sent directly in a little tube in my kitchen. </The Fifth Element>

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I know exactly what the world is going to be like in five years.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You mean the Cubs are going to finally win a World Series after switching to the American League?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted